By: Pierce Hacking

I walk these cracked streets under city lights.

I feel myself fading in the black night.

I see sirens wailing and fires burning.

I see the junkies with their heads turning.

In these streets I see the souls of the dead.

I hear their thoughts whispering in my head.

I have my life to live if I so choose.

It’s my life to win or my life to lose.

I’m not sure where I can turn to these days.

Will I forever be trapped in this haze?

I want to be free from this captive state.

Maybe one day I will set my life straight.

Maybe I won’t be trapped here after all.

With God by my side I’ll escape these walls.

Pierce Hacking
Catharsis of Pierce



Daily Quote: “In order to live a rich life, everything about who you are must be one, in alignment, and in pure harmony.”
-- Suze Orman

Enjoy these other unique locations:
Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers
Cool iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Apps


Coffee Table Poetry's GUEST BOOK is a division of Coffee Table Poetry for Tea Drinkers, and is updated often. The easiest way to enjoy the selections from talented fellow poets is to select E-mail or RSS Reader. Also, come follow us on Twitter and Facebook.Poets and Advertisers-please contact us to post your press releases, new book info, graphics and more at: coffeetablepoet@gmail.com

Posted by V. Mahfood - 2010
Bookmark and Share
0 Responses